The work typically involves:
· installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners and more
· planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
· talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of problems
· responding to breakdowns
· investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
· repairing equipment and replacing parts
· agreeing to call-out timescales
· ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
· checking computer equipment for electrical safety
· maintaining records of software licenses
· managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
Shift and on-call work may be required, particularly where computing equipment is in continual 24-hour operation.
Understanding of server-based system operation and network operation and configuration a must. Must be willing to learn configuration and support of hospital software and its interaction with other software used for hospital operation.
To apply for this position: Complete an application form and send resume and application form to email@example.com.