APH Job Listings:
Opening for Medicaid/Insurance Clerk:
Full-Time days in the Business office. High School Diploma required.
Openings for the Emergency Room:
Full time, part time, PRN. Days/Nights.
Opening for Full Time Radiographer:
ARRT, LA License
Please call 337-738-9470
Openings for the Acute Medical Unit:
Full time, part time. Days/Nights.
Full Time and Weekends with Weekend Package Deal
Job position of LPN for the recovery unit:
Responsible for performing direct patient care according to standards set for quality patient care. Responsible for performing duties as assigned by Charge Nurse on duty. Responsible for charting all pertinent information on patient records in a timely manner.
- Administer medication and other medical treatment as prescribed by attending physician.
- Working knowledge of medication, give, side effects, compatibilities, contra-indications.
- Participate with Treatment Team in planning and implementing therapeutic approach for individual patients.
- Attend patient’s treatment planning and progress review conferences.
- Make rounds with physician when required in order to co-ordinate patient care. Strive to obtain high standards of nursing care for all patients.
- Aid in the training of new personnel.
- Chart patient progress and other pertinent data in the patient’s records. Assume responsibility for drug storage, counting, and administration. Supervise care administered by Mental Health Technicians.
- Monitor patient’s condition. Any unusual conditions or changes are reported to the Charge Nurse promptly.
- Performs any additional duties or functions as delegated by the Charge Nurse in the care of patients or the function of the unit.
Reports To: Program Director and Director of Nurses Recovery Unit
Knowledge and Ability
Knowledge of all nursing skills involved with direct patient care. Knowledgeable in charting procedures for medical documentation. Knowledgeable in medication administration. Current in BLS and CPI.
One year nursing experience preferred but not required.
License and Certifications –
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Current LPN license.
Part-time and Full-time CNA
Knowledge and Ability – Knowledge of Certified Nurse Aide functions. All nursing service employees must complete all nursing duties as required by physicians and patients within time frames that are consistent with standards of quality patient care. Must be able to communicate both in writing and orally with nursing staff, physicians, and other department staff. Consistently works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with nursing staff, physicians, and other department staff.
Experience – One year hospital and/or nursing home experience as a nurse aide preferred.
License and Certifications -- High School diploma or equivalent. Current CNA licensure in the state of Louisiana. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Continuing Education -- Must maintain and provide current BLS education documentation. Attends all required In-services, CPI, annual competency training, monthly staff meetings.
Psychiatric Unit: Experience preferred but not required
RN – Days / Nights
Email your application and resume to
Camille Tramel, DON at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
for these positions in the Psychiatric Unit.
Acute Nursing Unit CNA – ** PRN and **PT & PRN for Evenings and Nights
Click on the APH Application Form link to apply online for a job at Allen Parish Hospital. If you have emailed an online application form to APH and have not received a verification email from the Human Resources Department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding your application.
***Applications may also be picked up in and returned to the Admission's Office Monday - Friday from 7am-5pm.
Please check back frequently for job listings. Thank you for your interest in Allen Parish Hospital.